Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CPR class

What are the current recommendations for performing CPR?  How do you help a child or adult if they are choking?  I realized that I wasn't sure about either of those questions.  So last night I attended a American Heart Association CPR for Friends & Family course.  Adam and I learned infant cpr during our childbirth class but I wasn't sure what to do now that Kinsley is no longer an infant.  And clearly this is the kind of imformation you want to have before you need it.

The class was held at a friend's house in Bellingham.  There were 5 of us there attending and the class was taught by one of our other friends.  We spent 3 hours learning CPR for adults, children and infants as well as "Aid to the Choking Victim" for all 3 age groups.  The class was conducted by both a video and the instructor and we praticed our newly learned techniques on adult and infant manikins (or mannequins?  I had no idea it could be spelled both ways). 

Anyway the class was very helpful and I feel a bit more prepared in case of an emergency.  Though knowing how I tend to react in scary situations, I will proabbly just freeze and look helplessly to my husband for help.  :)

Cheers!

Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment