Monday, November 14, 2011

Just another manic Monday!

Mondays are the worst.  I don't dislike my job but I wish I could be a stay at home mom and spend the days with Kinsley.  But I can't so I'll stop whining about it. 

This past weekend was very low key, which is unusual for us.  We usually have a lot going on. 

Saturday I didn't feel so well so Kinsley and I spent the whole day in our pajamas.  It was a nice, lazy day.  Adam did some work outside... we still have a huge tree down in our yard from the freak October snowstorm.  He has gotten it off the shed and cut it down some.  We are in desperate need of a chainsaw as it is a lot of work to do this manually.  Maybe Santa will bring him one for Christmas.  :)  It was really nice outside and Kinsley got to play with her toys out there one last time before they got put away for the winter.  She is really good at going up and down her slides all by herself.  She could just go up and down a hundred times and she doesn't seem to get bored.  I always miss being outside when it gets dark so early but I will especially miss getting to play outside with her.

Sunday Kinsley and I had Music Together class in the morning.  She was really shy at the beginning of class because we had missed a couple of weeks.  By the middle of class she was dancing and clapping and having a lot of fun.  I really enjoy the class as well - it is fun getting to act like a kid!  I think we are about halfway through our semester there.  I am torn between taking it again or trying out something new next time.  I think she would really enjow a tumbling class so maybe we will check that out next time.  I made some baked potato soup (here is the recipe).  It came out pretty good.  I didn't have any chicken stock so I used water and I added extra bacon.  I have made this recipe before and it definitely tastes better with the stock. 

After Kinsley went to bed Adam and I caught up on the Steelers game we had dvr'd (yay for the NFL Sunday Ticket).  It was a good win!  The Patriots had a good win yesterday too and I am sure my family and friends who are Pats fans enjoyed watching that game.

The weekends go by too quick.  It was a good one even though I didn't feel my best.  The weather was beautiful and I spent it with my family, who could ask for more?!?

Cheers to the beginning of another week!

Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment